Monday, November 26, 2007

Internet down - arghhhh

Hello All!

Well as luck would have it right after I wrote my last blog our phone died...so I went to Deutche Telecom and was told to 're-set' it by shutting everything down/cut power and restart everything....yeah, well I got the phone back and promptly lost all Internet!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

So back to DT I go and I get a phone number to call....oh joy German technical support and I barely speak enough German.....luckily I got someone who spoke better English than my German (lol) and to make a long story short after many tests and trials they sent someone out to tell me our modem is defective. Even better, because it is a warranty thing I cannot simply swap it out at the local DT office - ohhhhh noooooo - we have have one sent to us which, of course, got here while we were gone last week for Thanksgiving! Ahhh some of the joys of living overseas :) 

Well I got the new modem today and was able to set it up - more or less. (Plug and play does not exist here) Still have not figured out why I cannot get the computers to connect wireless to the modem yet. Hope to have that figured out in next day or two so I can use the main computer upstairs that I normally blog from as it has all my pictures! 

I wish I could find an animation someone sent to me once - it was a cartoon figure getting PO'd at their computer and beating the #%%& out of it...Yup that would about sum it up! :-) So I will try to get more up on lots of stuff - travel, pic's etc - once I get the rest of the computers back online. 

Tchuss for now!

No comments: