Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Baby Proofing almost complete!

Tyler has been crawling for a bit now - since about the 5th of June - and now is unstoppable! The hotel room last week it was a challenge because nothing was baby proofed and she was all over the place finding whatever she could to shove into her mouth (surprise surprise) and she has picked up a real fascination with cords; power cords to the laptops, speaker wires, earphones/headsets, phone cords, etc, ANYthing that is a wire/cord. I never noticed before how many there are in a hotel room, till then. This past weekend we went and picked up another set of baby gates for upstairs and the main floor. I bought one before to try out but it didn't work very well (plastic) so back it went. Given that our walls are concrete and the floor is tile over concrete, I want something I know works!

We found some nice wood ones in Weiden that did the trick. Housing (thank god) sent out a couple guys to put them up this afternoon. They are the kind that fastened to the wall and attempting to drill into concrete walls was not my idea of fun! Now we should be safe at least until she figures out that she can open cupboards LOL


Munchkin in the kitchen - I think I will pick up the cupboard locks sooner than later though.....all my tupperware/plasticware is in the bottom cupboard at her level. She just doesn't know that yet :)

This morning Ty and I took Max to the vet. He has a good sized lump on the inside of his body by his back leg. We had gone to one vet and tried antibiotics and it got smaller but did not go away so this time I got a base appt and they biopsied it. It is....a fat lump....Mr Skinny-as-all-can-be and it is a fat tumor. LOL I am not complaining - I was worried it was going to be something really really bad so I am happy that is all it is but I was surprised. Riley has one too that we found while in CA. Think I am going to get both of them taken care of while here in Germany - it is much muuuuuch less expensive to do it here at the base vet than back home. He is still a big ole wimp though. The waiting room was packed and there was a cat in a carrier that he kept sniffing. Finally the cat puffed up and hissed at him. He jumped back a foot and a half and practically layed down on the floor his tail between his legs LMAO Everyone cracked up. He then got up and howled as if to prove he hadn't been scared. Ahhh yes - my protector!

1 comment:

KDoug said...

glad to see things are moving along with Miss Ty. I'm sure she's keeping you very busy. And, that's pretty impressive of housing to put up your baby gates for you. Not sure we'd do that here!

Take care,

Kel